I love the Gulf Coast in the fall. The crowds have died down, the water is still warm and the sunsets are as vibrant as ever. Here are 10 things we recommend doing to make the most of your time here during Autumn!
2. Take a bike ride through Gulf State Park or Bon Secour National Wildlife Refuge. With beautiful elevated boardwalks, paths that wind through the natural habitat, and local wildlife, either is a perfect way to spend a morning.
3. Check out the Alabama Gulf Coast Zoo. Known as the “Little Zoo”, it was the star of the hit Animal Planet documentary “The Little Zoo That Could” and is home to over 600 animals
5. Do a Ghost Tour. There are many offered through Historic Pensacola in Downtown which is actually America’s First Settlement! They host both walking and trolley tours.
6. Catch live Jazz at Seville Quarter. Every tuesday, join locals at 6:30PM in Lili Marlene’s Road.
7. Attend a Ice Flyer’s game. This is the 11th season for the Pensacola Ice Flyer’s who are apart of the Southern Progressional Hockey League.
8. Head to the Naval Base to see the Blue Angels fly! They will be practicing weekly for their homecoming show in November.
9. Spend a day on the water on a Pensacola Bay Cruise. Take the ferry from downtown to fort pickens, and bring a picnic to enjoy onboard.